A live broadcast will be available on the symposium page.
Symposium topics include:
- Burden of cancer in low- and middle-income countries
- Barriers to cancer therapies in low-resource settings
- Innovative solutions to improve access to cancer care
Keynote presenters include:
- Thomas Gross, MD, PhD, deputy director of science, NCI Center for Global Health
- Rifat Atun, MBBS, MBA, professor of international health management, Imperial College London
- Paul Farmer, MD, PhD, professor of global health and social medicine, Harvard Medical School and co-founder, Partners in Health
Online participation is encouraged. Presenters will answer questions submitted electronically or via social media. Questions may be submitted by using Twitter hashtag #askGlobalOnc, or sending email to email@example.com.
The Global Oncology Initiative is an academic and community-based organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, leading efforts in global oncology and working to improve cancer care and research in resource-sensitive settings.