The Lancet has released a Series of papers in preparation for the United Nation’s General Assembly meeting on chronic non-communicable diseases scheduled for September 2011. These papers cover a range of diseases–cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, and chronic obstructive respiratory diseases–and present strategies for substantial health gains, monitoring, and scaling up of interventions.
The five Series papers and three additional commentaries are available open access. Free registration required.
Series paper titles:
- Raising the priority of preventing chronic diseases: a political process
- Health, agricultural, and economic effects of adoption of healthy diet recommendations
- Tackling of unhealthy diets, physical inactivity, and obesity: health effects and cost-effectiveness
- Prevention and management of chronic disease: a litmus test for health-systems strengthening in low-income and middle-income countries
- Monitoring and surveillance of chronic non-communicable diseases: progress and capacity in high-burden countries